Welcome to the 10th Annual Dodging Diabetes Charity Dodgeball Tournament! It is hard to believe it has been 10 years since we hosted our first tournament at Stone Ridge school with 12 teams. Many of you were there with us and can remember it too!
For our 10th tournament on Sunday, March 22, 2015, we’re aiming to play hard and raise more money than ever to knock out diabetes for good. This event is all about getting together a group of people who want to see real change in the world when it comes to diabetes. Now is the time to do it. There is so much promising research out there, let’s help get this research out of the labs and into the hands of the people who need it now!
Oh… and let’s play some dodgeball while we’re at it!!!
Here’s what you can to to help:
1. Spread the word! Follow us on Facebook and Twitter and share with friends. Post our flyer at your office, gym, bar, or coffee shop. Invite your friends and Meetup groups. Shout it from the roof tops!
2. Register your team to play. Want to play some serious dodgeball? Sign up for the Vegas League. Wanna play for fun? Sign up for the Average Joes League.
3. Donate! Every little bit helps. See if your company might match your donation. Or maybe your community, school, office or church can help sponsor your team or a player. We are a 501c3 and can send any documents you need.
4. Volunteer or donate goods. We’re looking for refs, prize donations, a green team, and staff for event day. Drop us a note to email@example.com if you’re interested.
5. Sponsor. Know a business that could help us reach our fundraising goal? Let us know, we’re always looking for sponsor support and we know our community appreciates the help they give us.
On the sustainability front, this year we’re going for GOLD certification which means we need your help composting, carpooling and bringing your own water bottles. You might remember we achieved Silver Certification from the Council for Responsible Sport two years ago but we know we can do better. This year we aim to compost (thanks to The Compost Crew!) or recycle 90% of our waste, support local businesses, serve local food, reduce our carbon footprint by planting trees, wear organic shirts, award recycled trophies and create an inclusive environment at the event. New this year, we’re going to have a kids zone for the kids of our athletes to hang out and have fun too. Our green page has the full deets on all of our sustainability efforts.
See you on March 22nd! And as always, don’t forget the 5 Ds of Dodgeball:
- And Dodge!!!
Anna & Elizabeth